Friday, January 06, 2017

Fueling My Run

These are the songs on my January17 Running Playlist...


Starboy - What is this song even about? I'm scared to ask considering what The Weekend likes to lyric about. Even after googling the words I can't explain it you...all I know is that it makes me want to pop my shoulders mid run. And a well placed curse word every so often can be very energizing. // "Star Trek groove in that Wrath of Khan. Girls get loose when they hear this song." 

Only One - I am sucker for a song that has a strong beat and a builds to a pounding pace. This radio edit does not disappoint. // "We're moving fast, but time is slow...Baby you got me feeling like the Only One."

Just Hold On - I blame this one on my shameless love of One Direction and going to high school with Steve Aoki. I had to buy it. It's actually pretty fetching. // "So what do you want them to say when you're gone? That you gave up or that you kept going on?"

Fresh Eyes - Running side by side (in life and on treadmills) with the same person for the last 21 years of my life...the lyrics of this song speak to my heart. May we all see our partners with fresh eyes. // "Appreciation, well it comes and it goes. But I'll ride this wave with you. It's human nature to miss what's under your nose."

Play That Song - Because Chopsticks. And because we all have "that song" that makes us go all night long. // "Play that song...the one that makes me think of you."

Castle On The Hill - whuuuuut? Ed Sheeran dropped two new singles yesterday and this one is all the heart eye emojis I can type. Driving beat + great hook + beautiful bridge = my new favorite. It's one of those life affirming power ballads that only Sheeran's raspy voice can lend legitimacy to. // "I'm on my way, driving at 90 down those country lanes. Singing to 'Tiny Dancer'...and I miss the way you make me feel, and it's real." 

Don't Wanna Know - I. Can't. Stop. Singing. This. Song. What is about Levine?...every damn song is so damn catchy. It must be the repetition. And the tattoos. // "I don't wanna know, know, know who's taking you home, home home and loving you so, so, so the way I used to do, do, do."

Let Me Love You - because my 2016 Resolution was to never lose faith in The Biebs again and it's the only resolution I've ever managed to keep. "Don't fall asleep at the wheel. We've got a million miles ahead of us." 

Water Under The Bridge - When I wanna quit I turn this one up. Adele has a way of schooling her subject without sounding angry. She is woman hear her roar. It makes me squint my eyes and mouth the words and punch the air and push through those last 3 minutes at an 10% incline. "It's so cold out here in your wilderness. I want you to be my keeper, but not if you are so reckless." 
______________________________

Matt and I were on side by side treadmills yesterday at the gym, but he didn't want a picture with me. You think it was my attire? LOL Can Baby Girl release some new music please?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...